- 4 cups [1 L] beef broth
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can tomatoes, with juice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 turnip, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 pound [113 g] long vermicelli noodles
- Bring together beef broth and tomatoes to a boil.
- Mix in onion, celery, carrot and turnip dices along with chopped fresh parsley; salt and pepper.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, for about 30 minutes.
- Mix in vermicelli noodles; simmer for 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Check for seasonings, and serve.