- 1/2 cup [115 g] margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] sugar
- 2 [10-ounce / 284-mL each] cans beef consomme concentrate
- 2 [10-ounce / 284-mL each] cans water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- Into a large casserole, brown chopped onion into melted margarine, over medium heat.
- Mix in shredded or chopped cabbage and sugar; cook to soften cabbage.
- Pour in beef consomme concentrate and water.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, before serving.