- 1/2 pound [227 g] lean ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] oil
- 6 tablespoons [90 mL] soy sauce [or more]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-g] pack frozen egg roll or wonton wrappers [egg roll wrappers cut in 4], thawed
- 8 cups [2 L] chicken broth
- Salted boiling water
- Dry Chinese noodles [optional]
- Chopped green onions [optional]
- Combine ground pork, chopped garlic, oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- If needed, pour in more soy sauce, to soak meat completely.
- Arrange thawed wonton wrappers onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using a pastry brush, dampen wonton wrappers all around; spoon a little meat mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- Roll filled wrapper, shaping croissants; pinch ends together.
- Boil stuffed wonton noodles into salted boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and plunge noodles into cold water; leave to cool.
- Approximately 10 minutes before serving, bring chicken broth to a boil before adding as many cooled noodles as desired [keep leftover noodles refrigerated].
- Serve soup, sprinkled with dry Chinese noodles and/or chopped green onions if desired.