- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] curry powder
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups [500 mL] frozen green peas
- 1/2 lettuce head, chopped
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Curry powder, to garnish
- Melt butter then stir in curry powder; brown onion dices for 5 minutes.
- Mix in pear dices, frozen green peas and chopped lettuce; salt, pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in chicken broth; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour in milk; reheat.
- Puree into a blender or a food processor.
- Serve, sprinkled with just a hint of curry powder.