- 4 cups [1 L] tomato juice
- 3 cups [750 mL] chicken broth
- 1 [2-ounce / 50-g] envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups [500 mL] carrot slices
- 2 cups [500 mL] potato dices
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 1 [[12-ounce / 341-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] drained boiled rice
- Cooked chicken dices, to taste
- Heat together tomato juice and chicken broth over medium heat.
- Stir in onion soup mix.
- Mix in carrot slices, potato dices, celery slices and turnip dices.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in drained corn kernels, boiled rice and cooked chicken dices.
- Reheat and serve, hot.