- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 5 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped basil or
2 teaspoons [10 mL] dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] chicken broth
- 1 [28-ounce / 796-mL] can tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown onions and garlic in melted butter for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in potato and celery dices, chopped parsley and basil.
- Pour in chicken broth and tomatoes; simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Pour in milk; reheat without boiling.
- Salt and pepper then puree into a blender before serving.