- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter
- 1/4 cup [60 g] margarine
- 1 pound [454 g] cleaned fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups [500 mL] leek slices, white part only
- 4 tablespoons [35 g] flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 2 cups [500 mL] light cream
- Into a casserole, brown together mushroom and leek slices into melted butter and margarine.
- Stir in flour; salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Puree into a blender.
- Pour back into casserole and stir in cream.
- Reheat, and serve.