- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece ginger root, minced
- 1/2 pound [227 g] thin fondue-style beef or chicken slices
- 1 package Chinese noodles
- Hot water
- 10 cups [2.5 L] chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- M.s.g. [optional]
- Lemon or lime juice, to taste
- Sugar peas, to taste
- Bean sprouts, to taste
- 1 small Jalapeņo pepper, minced
- Heat oil into a casserole; brown together minced garlic and ginger root.
- Add and brown beef or chicken slices, stirring.
- Meanwhile, soften Chinese noddles into hot water.
- Pour in chicken broth into casserole.
- Drain softened Chinese noodles before adding to casserole.
- Lower heat as Chinese noodles do not support high heat very well.
- Salt and pepper; if desired, sprinkle to taste with m.s.g.
- Sprinkle soup with lemon or lime juice.
- Pour into a large soup serving bowl.
- Serve, along with sugar peas, bean sprouts and minced Jalapeņo pepper, into separate bowls, for guests to help themselves to taste.