- 6 1/2 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] lemon rind or citronella
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] liquid anchovy-flavored sauce [Nam Pla]
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] freshly chopped coriander
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 12 to 18 large shelled deveined fresh shrimps
- Into a large casserole, bring together chicken broth, lemon rind or citronella, lemon juice, anchovy-flavored sauce and hot pepper sauce to a boil.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in freshly chopped coriander, green onion slices and shrimps.
- Heat over low heat for 2 minutes, until shrimps turn pink.
- Serve immediately!