- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cauliflower, broken-up into flowerets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups [1.5 L] warm chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] basil
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter into a casserole; brown chopped onion.
- Mix potato dices and cauliflower flowerets; cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Pour in warm chicken broth, add basil, thyme and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, over low heat.
- Remove and throw away bay leaf; puree mixture.
- Check for seasonings.