- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1 cup [250 mL] cauliflower pieces
- 1 potato, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] celery salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream or milk
- Into a casserole, bring water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and potato pieces.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter into a clean casserole.
- Brown together chopped onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower and potato pieces, along with cooking liquids.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Puree into a blender until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- pour back into casserole; season with celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in cream or milk, and serve.