- 1/2 pound [227 g] cleaned fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] warm chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- Freshly chopped parsley, to taste
- A few cleaned whole fresh mushrooms, to garnish
- Chop fresh mushrooms.
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Lightly brown together chopped mushrooms and onion into melted butter.
- Stir in flour, then warm chicken broth.
- Leave to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Puree mixture into a blender.
- Pour mixture back into casserole.
- Stir in milk and freshly chopped parsley.
- Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with cleaned whole fresh mushrooms.