- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped bacon
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped onion
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped celery
- 3 cups [750 mL] chopped cabbage
- 1 cup [250 mL] tomato dices
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] cumin seeds
- A few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] paprika
- 1 cup [250 mL] peeled potato dices
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Chicken broth
- Brown bacon into a large casserole; add chopped onion and celery and cook stirring for a few minutes.
- Add chopped cabbage; cook for a few minutes more, still stirring.
- Mix in tomato dices, tomato sauce, cumin seeds, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, potato dices and chopped garlic.
- Cover with chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and leave to simmer slowly for 20 to 25 minutes before serving.