- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cups [500 mL] potato dices
- 1 cup [250 mL] chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] bites [1-inch / 2.5-cm] white fish [turbo, haddock, cod or pike]
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- Just soften together chopped onion and diced celery into melted butter
- Mix in carrot and potato dices, chicken broth, bay leaf, pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
- Leave to simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, until vegetables are soft, yet still crisp.
- Delicately mix in withe fish bites.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in milk, reheat without boiling, and serve.