- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 8 to 10 cups [2 L to 2.5 L] chicken broth
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] stars pasta noodles
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup [75 g] grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Heat vegetable oil into a large casserole.
- Brown together chopped onion and grated carrot for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stirring, pour in 8 cups [2 L] chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in pasta noodles.
- Lower heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes, pouring in more chicken broth, as needed.
- Combine beaten egg, grated Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley; slowly mix into chicken broth.
- Leave to simmer for 1 minute, stirring, before serving.