- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 [14-ounce / 398-mL each] cans beet slices, undrained
- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can tomatoes with juice
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can beef broth concentrate
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] plain yogurt [optional]
- Into a large casserole, soften together chopped onion and garlic stirring into hot olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Mix in undrained beet slices, tomatoes with juice, beef broth concentrate, water and cider vinegar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree into a blender and pour bakc into casserole; reheat, salt and pepper.
- Serve into individual bowls, each serving garnished with 1 tablespoon [15 mL] plain yogurt, poured-in shaping spirals.