- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, boned, skinned and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Savory, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] curry powder [optional]
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cornstarch [diluted in just a little water]
- 1 cup [250 mL] cream [15% m.s.g.]
- Into a casserole, brown together chicken dices with carrot and onion slices into hot olive oil stirring for 5 to 7 minutes seasoning mixture to taste with savory, salt, pepper and, if desired, curry powder.
- Stir in chicken broth and diluted cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour in cream, reheat over low heat for 15 minutes, and serve.