- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] fresh cream
half whipping [35%] cream and half milk
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] milk
- 24 freshly shelled oysters, with juice
- 8 ounces [227 g] shelled deveined shrimps
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] paprika
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Into a casserole, stirring occasionally, heat together cream or cream and milk, along with 1/4 cup [60 mL] milk over low heat until just boiling.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Transfer oysters, oyster juices and shrimps into a frypan.
- Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes, to warm-up oysters and shrimps.
- Remove from heat and add to warm cream mixture stirring.
- Season with salt, white pepper and paprika.
- Pour into a warm soup serving bowl or warm individual bowls.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.