- 1 medium cabbage, outer leaves removed, rinsed and cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into tiny dices
- 8 cups [2 L] consomme [made of canned consomme concentrate and water]
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] gray pepper
- Mix together cabbage strips, chopped onion and carrot dices into a large casserole.
- Salt, pepper then pour in consomme concentrate and water.
- Leave to simmer slowly, over very low heat, for 50 minutes.
- Check for seasonings and serve, hot.