- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] basil
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] soy sauce
- 4 cups [1 L] tomato juice
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can chicken broth concentrate
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Plain yogurt, to serve [optional]
- Freshly minced chives, to serve [optional]
- Over medium heat, simmer together chopped carrots, celery stalks and sweet red pepper, seasoned with thyme, basil and soy sauce for 5 minutes.
- Pour in tomato juice and chicken broth concentrate.
- Bring to a boil, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture into a food processor or a blender.
- Pour puree back into casserole.
- Salt, pepper, and reheat.
- Serve warm, garnished with plain yogurt and freshly minced chives if desired.