- 3 leeks, cleaned then minced
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 3 potatoes, diced [3 cups / 750 mL]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups [500 mL] cold milk
1 cup [250 mL] cold milk
1 cup [250 mL] cold cream
- Freshly chopped chives
- Mix together minced leeks and butter into a saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, mix in potato dices, salt and pepper.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes, and serve.
- After simmering mixture for 30 minutes, puree mixture into a blender.
- Refrigerate until really cold.
- Not too long before serving, stir in cold milk or cold milk and cold cream.
- Serve really cold, garnished with freshly chopped chives.