- 10 cups [2.5 L] strong chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 [48-ounce / 1.4-L] can tomato juice
- 1 [28-ounce / 796-mL] can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] oregano
- 1 pinch dry crushed chiles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces [142 g] large egg noodles
- Heat chicken broth into an 18-cup [4.5-L] casserole.
- Mix in chopped onion, celery and garlic, tomato juice, chopped tomatoes with juice, oregano and crushed chiles.
- Salt, pepper and bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer half covered for 45 minutes, adding egg noodles after 40 minutes.