- 10 1/2 ounces [298 g] leek whites
- 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] butter + a little more
- 7 ounces [200 g] raw rice + a little more to garnish
- 4 cups [1 L] clear chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups [1 L] milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] fresh cream
- Blanch leek whites into boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, pressing to squeeze out any excess water.
- Chop then dry leeks into a little butter.
- Mix in boiled drained 7 ounces [200 g] rice, pour in chicken broth and mix in curry powder and salt.
- Cover and cook slowly for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Press together rice and leeks through a sieve, reserving broth.
- Pour reserved broth back into casserole.
- Pour in milk, to get a creamy soup [do not boil].
- Season to taste, but this soup should be quite spicy.
- Stir in beaten egg yolks, cream and remaining 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] butter until thickened.
- Serve really hot, garnished with a few boiled rice grains.