- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter
- 3 cups [750 mL] chopped leek [white part only]
- 2 cups [500 mL] peeled potato dices*
- 2 cups [500 mL] apple dices**
- 3 sprigs fresh mint sprigs [optional]
- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] light cream [10%]
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] white wine, really cold if serving soup cold
- Into a casserole, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook chopped leek white for approximately 10 minutes.
- *Peel and dice potatoes.
- **Peel, core and dice apples.
- Add potato and apple dices to casserole; if desired, also add fresh mint sprigs.
- Pour in chicken broth, cover and bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer slowly for 20 minutes.
- Throw away mint sprigs if using.
- Puree mixture into a food processor until smooth.
- If serving hot, pour puree into a clean casserole; stir in cream and white wine
- Reheat over low heat hot, without boiling, before serving.
- If serving cold, pour puree into into a bowl.
- Refrigerate puree until really cold.
- Stir in cream and really cold white wine just before serving.