- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 3 cups [750 mL] grated zucchini
- 1 cup [250 mL] minced green onions
- 1 cup [250 mL] grated potato
- 5 cups [1.25 L] hot chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] crushed dill seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
- 1/2 cup [115 g] grated Old Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Stirring over low heat, cook together grated zucchini, mincd green onions and grated potato.
- Pour in hot chicken broth and white wine.
- Stir in freshly grated nutmeg, crushed dill seeds and pepper.
- Leave to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat before stiring in grated Old Cheddar cheese.
- Serve immediately.