- 1 pound [454 g] ground beef
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped onion
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 1 [5.8-ounce / 164-g] box chili tomato Hamburger Helper®
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can whole tomatoes
- 5 cups [1.25 L] water
- Brown ground beef stirrng into a frypan; stir in chopped onion and sweet green pepper.
- Drain melted fat then transfer mixture into a large saucepan.
- Stir in Hamburger Helper® sauce mix, chili powder, garlic salt, salt and tomatoes along with liquid breaking-up tomatoes with a fork.
- Pour in water; bring to a boiling, stirring.
- Lower heat, cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Hamburger Helper® macaroni pasta noodles; bring back to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally, before serving.