- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 2 large green onions
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] tomato juice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] freshly chopped dill
- Rinse tomatoes; rinse, remove mambranes and seed red bell peppers; peel yellow onions, shallots and cucumbers.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes, reserving juices.
- Coarsely chop red bell peppers, yellow onions, shallots and cucumbers.
- Into a bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, reserved tomato juice, canned tomato juice and beaten eggs.
- Into a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree vegetables into small batches, pouring in as much as needed tomato juice mixture to keep blades from clogging.
- Do not puree until too smooth, as a gazpacho soup should be somewhat crunchy.
- Stir in Cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste; stir in chopped dill.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir and check for seasonings; ladle into chilled soup bowls or mugs.