- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup [250 mL] snowpeas, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] hot pepper flakes
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 1 [28-ounce / 796-mL] can tomato dices
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] soy sauce
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] instant rice
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] roasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil into a large saucepan, over medium heat.
- Cook together carrot slices, snow pea halves and minced garlic stirring every 5 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in ground ginger and hot pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomato dices with juice and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Remove from heat; let stand, covered for approximately 5 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Serve, garnished with roasted sesame seeds.