- 1 1/4 generous cups [210 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups [310 mL] milk
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] really fine golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly shelled chopped pecans
- Corn oil
- Butter, to serve [optional]
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Break egg into a small bowl, mix in milk.
- Pour mixture in the well, in the middle of dry ingredients.
- Whip mixture mixing in dry ingredients until thick and smooth.
- Beat in melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir in brown sugar, chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Into a large frypan, heat 1 teaspoon [5 mL] corn oil until really hot.
- Drop 1 tablespoon [15 mL] dough into really hot fry to cook a 3-inch [7.6-cm] pancake.
- Cook pancake over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes, until bubbles start to appear on top of dough.
- Flip pancake over using a spatula; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, until golden.
- Keep pancakes hot wrapped into al foil or towel paper while cooking remaining pancakes.
- Serve pancakes, topped with a dollop of butter if desired.