- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 lemon rind, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 egg whites
- Icing sugar
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] Cointreau liquor, hot
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Add flour; cook stirring vigorously.
- Stir in milk, a little at a time, before mixing in sugar and salt.
- Remove from heat before mixing in egg yolks, minced lemon rind fresh lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat stirring until thickened; leave to cool.
- Whip then fold beaten egg whites into cooled mixture.
- To serve, preheat oven to 425°F [220°C].
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] mixture in the middle of each pancake; roll pancakes.
- Arrange filled pancakes side-by-side into an oven baking dish; reheat into preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle stuffed pancakes all over with icing sugar and transfer onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle pancakes all over with hot Cointreau, flambe, and serve.