- 1 cup [140 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] milk
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter, melted
- Sunflower cooking oil, as needed
- Cinnamon sugar or icing sugar, to sprinkle
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges, to serve [optional]
- 3 pounds [1.4 kg] apples
- 6 tablespoons [90 g] butter
- 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] cinnamon
- For the filling, peel, core then cut apples into wedges.
- Heat butter into a heavy frypan until no longer foamy.
- Add the sprinkle apple wedges with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook appel wedges, stirring from time to time until soft and golden brown, caramelized.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sif together flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Mak a well in the middle and pour in beaten eggs; slowly stir beaten eggs into flour mixture to get a soft doug.
- Mix together milk and water; whipping, slowly pour milk mixture into dry ingredients to get a smooth dough.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Heat 2 teaspoons [10 mL] sunflower oil into a pancake Chauffer 10 mL [2 cuil. à thé] into a pancake or a small frypan.
- Pour in approximately 2 tablespoons [30 mL] dough tilting frypan from side to side to evenly cover the bottom of the frypan.
- Fry pancake on one side until golden brown; flip over and cook pancake on other side.
- Slide pancake onto a warm plate, cover with al foil and transfer plate over a casserole filled with just simmering water to keep the pancake hot.
- Repeat with remaining dough adding a little sunflower oil whenever needed.
- Evenly spoon reserved apple filling in the middle of each pancake; roll pacakes.
- Serve filled pancakes sprinkled with cinnamon sugar or icing sugar, each serving garnished with a lemon wedge if desired.