Coffee pancakes can be prepared one day ahead of time and kept covered, refrigerated, or even one week ahead of time and kept frozen, well-wrapped.|
Sauce and filling can be prepared the night before serving, or early in the morning before lunch.
If desired, reserving sauce separately, stuff pancakes approximately 1 hour before serving.
Thirty  minutes before serving, heat and then pour hot sauce all over stuffed pancakes, into an oven-safe dish; reheat into a preheated 350°F [180°C] oven until bubbling before serving.
Well-wrap each remaining stuffed pancake into waxed paper before wrapping pancakes together into al foil; freeze.
Chicken Vegetables Stuffing
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] coffee
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 1 1/2 cups [210 g] flour
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] baking powder
- Paprika, to sprinkle
- Butter [for cooking]
- 2 [10-ounce / 284-g each] packs frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped onion
- 1 [6-ounce / 170-mL] can mushroom pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] light cream
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 [5-ounce / 142-mL each] jars boned chicken meat pieces
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt [optional]
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] pepper
- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup [35 g] flour
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] light cream
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 1 1/2 cups [340 g] grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- Preheat oven to the lowest possible temperature.
- Prepare and cook coffee pancakes, chicken vegetables stuffing and sauce.
- Approximately 45 minutes before serving, remove pancakes from oven and preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- Evenly spread stuffing over pancakes.
- Roll then arrange stuffed pancake rolls, fold underneath, into 2 oven-safe buttered glass pans.
- Pour sauce all over stuffed rolled pancakes; sprinkle all over with paprika.
- Bake into preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbling and just golden.
Chicken Vegetables Stuffing
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Pour coffee into milk, then pour mixture into beaten eggs.
- Stir in flour; beat until smooth.
- Then stir in melted butter or margarine, salt and baking powder.
- Beat dough until smooth.
- Leave dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Really lightly butter a 6-inch [15-cm] frypan with butter.
- Heat frypan until hot.
- Then pour in 3 to 4 tablespoons [45 to 60 mL] dough, to get 16 pancakes, moving frypan fast to evenly thinly spread dough all over bottom of frypan.
- Lower heat and cook pancake until completely cooked.
- It is not necessary to flip pancake over, but it must be golden at least on one side.
- If pancake is too thick, use less dough to cook remaining pancakes.
- Stack then cover pancakes with a cloth; keep pancakes warm into really low preheated oven.
- Boil frozen chopped broccoli into salted boiling water, following packaging directions, being careful not to overcook broccoli; drain well.
- Melt butter or margarine into a saucepan; brown together chopped onion and mushroom pieces into hot fat.
- Stir in flour.
- Then, slowly pour in cream and chicken broth.
- Simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Then mix in grated Parmesan cheese, chicken pieces, salt if desired, pepper and drained chopped broccoli.
- Mixture will be quite thick.
- Check for seasonings, and reserve.
- Melt butter or margarine; stir in flour.
- Then mix in cream and milk.
- Cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened.
- Mix in grated Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard and salt.
- Cook over low heat until cheese is completely melted, until smooth; reserve.