- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup [70 g] all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] milk
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] shortening
- 2 tablespoons [15 mL] cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 425°F [220°C].
- Fry apple cubes stirring into a frying pan; set aside.
- Mix together flour, milk and salt until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Add reserved apple cubes to this mixture.
- Melt 1 tablespoon [15 g] of the butter into a large oven-safe frying pan [one with sloping sides is best].
- Pour in batter.
- Fry until golden brown tipping pan and lifting pancake with spatula to cook the batter.
- Cut an 'X' into the pancake.
- Melt together remaining 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter and cinnamon-sugar mixture; pour all over the pancake.
- Transfer frying pan into preheated oven for 12 minutes before serving.