- 2 cups [500 mL] corn flakes cereals
- 4 tart apples
- 1/3 cup [75 g] margarine
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] oil
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1 1/4 cups [ 285 g] flour
- 1/3 cup [75 g] sugar
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] baking powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F [200°C].
- Crush corn flakes cereals to get 1 cup [250 mL]; set aside.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Melt margarine into a 10-inch [25-cm] oven-safe skillet.
- Stir in cinnamon and apple slices.
- Cook, covered for approximately 10 minutes, until apples are tender but not mushy; set aside.
- Break eggs into a mixing bowl; pour in oil and milk and mix well.
- Add reserved crushed cereals, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix only until combined.
- Spread batter evenly over apple slices in skillet.
- Bake into preheated oven for aproximately 25 minutes, until tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve pancake warm, cut into wedges and sprinkled with maple syrup.