- 1 3/4 cups [245 g] all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups [500 mL] buttermilk
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] salad oil or melted shortening [115 g]
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix together egg yolks, buttermilk and salad oil or melted butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in beaten egg whites leaving a few little fluffs [do not overmix].
- Cook until golden, and serve.