- 1 1/2 cup [210 g] all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons [8.75 mL] baking powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] cinnamon
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] margarine, melted
- 1 cup [250 mL] skim milk
- 1 Granny Smith or McIntosh apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped [approximately 1 cup - 250 mL]
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] fresh or frozen thawed whole cranberries
- Maple syrup or fruit spread, to taste [optional]
- Into a large bowl, well mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Into a medium bowl, mix together beaten egg, melted margarine and milk before mixing in chopped apple and fresh or thawed cranberries.
- Pour mixture into dry ingredients stirring just enough to dampen dry ingredients [dough will be lumpy].
- Heat a non-stick frypan or a pancake pan over medium heat.
- Pour in enough batter to get a thin 3-inch [7.6-cm] circle.
- Cook pancake until covered with bubbles, for approximately 2 minutes.
- Flip pancake over using a flat spatula; cook on other side until golden, for 1 minute more.
- Reserve pancake hot; repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes immediately, slong with maple syrup or fruit spread if desired.