- 2 cups [280 g] flour
- 3/4 cup [150 g] sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons [17.5 g] baking powder
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 1 cup [225 g] butter, melted [no substitutes]
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] vanilla
- Fresh berries or fruit pieces, whipped cream and/or syrup [to serve]
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Into a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Lightly beat egg yolks into a clean bowl.
- Add and well mix in milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients, until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake into a preheated waffle iron, according to manufacturers directions until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, along with fresh berries or fruit pieces, a little whipped cream and/or syrup.