- 1 3/4 cups [245 g] all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] milk
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] salad oil or melted shortening [115 g]
- 2 egg whites, stiffy beaten
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together egg yolks, milk and salad oil or melted butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in beaten egg whites leaving a few little fluffs [do not overmix].
- Bake into preheated waffle iron, and serve.