- 2 cups [500 mL] boiled drained white rice
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups [280 g] sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- Butter, shortening or oil
- Pour milk over boiled rice.
- Stir in beaten egg yolks and already sifted together flour, baking powder and salt; fold in well beaten egg whites.
- Preheat a frypan; melt in 1 tablespoon [15 ml] butter, shortening or oil.
- Pour in a little rice dough at a time.
- Brown pancakes on both sides.