- 2 cups [280 g] flour
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 g] sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon [3.75 mL] salt
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups [375 to 500 mL] milk, to taste
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] shortening, melted
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; sift and set aside.
- Beat together eggs, milk and melted shortening.
- Mix in dry ingredients; beat well.
- Pour batter into a pitcher.
- Preheat a frypan until really hot.
- Pour in a little batter, tilting frypan to well spread batter.
- When lightly browned, flip pancake over and brown on the other side.
- Reserve, hot.
- Repeat with remaining batter.