- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 2 cups [5280 g] flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] sugar
- 4 tablespoons [60 g] melted butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped pecans
- Beat together egg yolks and milk.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; add to egg yolks mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour in melted butter; beat.
- Whip egg whites until stiff and mix in chopped pecans; fold into flour mixture.
- Heat a waffle iron; pour in enough batter to get desired size waffles.
- Cook until smoke no more escapes from waffle iron and waffle is golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.