- 1 3/4 cups [280 g] all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] milk
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons [90 mL] finely chopped pecans
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat egg yolks; beat in milk and vegetable oil.
- Mix in flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; delicately fold into flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a preheated waffle iron; evenly sprinkle each waffle with chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons [30 mL] per waffle.
- Cook until golden.