- 1 3/4 cups [245 g] all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] milk
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] vegetable oil or melted shortening [115 g]
- 2 egg whites, stiffy beaten
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] fully cooked finely chopped ham
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together already beaten egg yolks, milk and vegetable oil or melted shortening.
- Mix egg yolks into flour mixture.
- Delicately fold beaten egg whites into flour mixture.
- Cook batter into a preheated griddle, adding a little finely chopped ham over the batter before cooking.