- 2 pounds [1 kg] cake and pastry flour
- 12 ounces [350 mL] lukewarm milk
- 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] active dry yeast
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] salt
- 1/2 [2 1/2-ounce / 70-g] package vanilla-flavored sugar
- 2 cups [450 g] soften butter
- 3 cups [600 g] perl sugar [compact small perls - a most]
- Mix together flour, milk, yeast, eggs, salt and vanilla flavored sugar.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Knead dough, slowly mixing in butter; mix in perl sugar.
- Shape into 3 1/2-ounce [100-g] sticks; leave to rest for 15 minutes more.
- Cook each waffle for approximately 3 minutes, in a hot waffle iron.