- 2 [1/4-ounce / 7-g each] packages active dry yeast
- A little sugar
- 3/4 cup [3/4 L] hardly lukewarm milk
- 3 1/2 cups [490 g] cake and pastry flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 14 tablespoons [200 g] melted butter
- Icing sugar
- Whipped cream
- Fruit segments....
- Dilute active yeast in just a little of the lukewarm milk, with a little sugar; set aside.
- Transfer flour into a bowl, dig a well in the center and pour in remaining lukewarm milk; beat well before beating in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Pour melted butter into flour mixture; mix in reserved diluted yeast and fold in beaten egg whites.
- Leave dough to rise for approximately 45 minutes.
- Pour enough dough to completely cover the bottom of a hot waffle iron [dough should be liquid, just as pancake dough]; immediately close griddle.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with icing sugar and topped with whipped cream, fruit segments,....