- 1 3/4 cups [245 g] all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] milk
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] vegetable oil or melted shortening [115 g]
- 1/2 cup [115 g] grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 egg whites, beaten unil stiff
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together already beaten egg yolks, milk, vegetable oil or melted shortening and grated Cheddar cheese.
- Mix into dry ingredients.
- Fold in beaten egg whites leaving a few little fluffs.
- Cook into preheated waffle iron, and serve.