- 2 cups [280 g] flour
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] baking powder
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 1/2 cup [125 mL cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup [75 g] melted shortening
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cocoa powder.
- Beat together egg yolks and milk; mix into dry ingredients, until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; beat in melted shortening.
- Fold egg whites mixture into dry ingredients mixture.
- Cook in really hot griddle.