- 2 eggs
- 2 cups [500 mL] whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] oil [for cooking]
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] sugar
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, sift and mix together whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in milk and vegetable oil.
- Mix in beaten egg yolks.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour dough, 1 full ladle at a time, onto a really, really hot oiled griddle tray.
- Leave until fluffy and golden brown.
- Serve sprinkled with sugar.