- 2 [about 1 pound / 454 g] baking potatoes
- Boiling salted water
- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] sour cream
- 1 tablespoon [8.75 g] flour
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] vegetable oil [approximately]
- Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Cook potato pieces into salted boiling water, over medium-high heat, for about 10 minutes, until really tender; drain well.
- Transfer drained potatoes into a medium-size bowl.
- Roughly mash potatoes; using an electric mixer, beat potatoes until smooth.
- Stir in drained corn kernels, egg yolks, sour cream, flour, pepper, salt and baking powder.
- Into a separate bowl, using clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold into potato mixture, until well combined.
- Heat vegetable oil into a skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls [15 mL] mixture into skillet, well apart.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until bubbles appear on surface.
- Turn pancakes; cook for 3 minutes more, until well browned.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more vegetable oil if necessary.
- Serve at once.