- 1 1/4 cups [175 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup [310 mL] buttermilk
- 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon [5 mL] baking powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking soda
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- Mix together flour, egg, buttermilk, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vegetable oil and salt until smooth.
- Heat a frypan.
- Pour spoonfulls of batter into really hot frypan.
- When sides of pancake start to curl, flip pancake over and brown on other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter; serve hot.